All intercollegiate student athletes are required to be medically cleared by the Athletic Training-Sports Medicine (AT-SM) department prior to their first day of practice. The student athlete is not permitted to participate in any practices or competitions until obtaining medical clearance. Starting in the 2014 - 2015 Academic year BSU AT-SM will be using Frontrush for our online medical clearance form submission. You will receive a frontrush email from 'jeanne obrien' or 'Ally Treen' with a link to login username and password creating. You will need to cut and paste into your browser if the link is not active in the email. If you are having difficulty, your browser may not be supported.
RETURNING AND FIRST YEAR (Freshman and transfer) student-athletes must complete the following:
(Medical Clearance Requirements):
1. Frontrush compliance BSU AT-SM Athletic Health Questionnaire (there are no longer 2 different forms for first year and returning student-athletes)
2. Frontrush compliance insurance card submission (uploaded images of front and back of card)
3. Frontrush compliance Sickle Cell and Concussion education material (electronic signature)
4. Choose and submit 1 of the 3 Sickle Cell Trait (SCT) options (1. Waiver, 2. Get SCT tested and submit results/pending status 3. Birth Hospital SCT test results) (The Waiver can be electronically signed via Frontrush) Options 2 and 3 are recommended. If a returning student-athlete believes he/she has submitted the Sickle Cell Trait Status in a previous year (not the waiver) please contact us for confirmation.
FIRST YEAR STUDENT-ATHLETES ONLY:
5. Submission of Pre-Participation Physical to AT-Sports Medicine (physical must be within 6 months of first practice and states student-athlete is ok to play sports without restrictions)
THE ONLY FORMS THAT CAN BE SUBMITTED IN PAPER FORMAT ARE THE PHYSICAL AND THE SICKLE CELL TRAIT STATUS FORMS. These forms can be mailed to 325 Plymouth Street, Bridgewater, MA 02325, faxed to 508-531-1447 or submitted in person. (c/o BSU Director of Sports Medicine)
|BSU Physical Exam/Medical Evaluation Form|
|Sickle Cell Trait Verification Form|
Due Dates for ALL Medical Clearance forms:
Fall Team Athletes: August 1st*
Spring Team Athletes: September 1st*
Winter Team Athletes: September 15th*
*Forms submitted after the due dates will be reviewed as they are received, but medical clearance cannot be guaranteed by the first practice.
Mail of fax Sickle Cell Trait and Physical forms to:
Jeanne O’Brien, MS, ATC, LAT
Assistant Athletics Director for Sports Medicine
Bridgewater State University
325 Plymouth Street
Bridgewater, MA 02325
Or Fax forms to: 508-531-1447